If you are an employee, you know that staying healthy benefits you in many ways: fewer missed work days, greater productivity and less stress. Staying healthy is good for your pockets too, in the form of lower health care costs and health insurance premiums.So when you’re going to the office and working in close quarters (ah, the cubicle life) every day, how can you stay healthy?
1. Wash your hands often - Hand-washing is the number one way you can prevent yourself from getting sick.
2. Keep your workspace clean - The average desk harbors hundreds of times more bacteria than a toilet seat — pretty gross, right?
3. Drink more water - Staying well-hydrated is crucial to your productivity, energy levels and overall health. #stayhydrated
4. Keep hand sanitizer at your desk - Keep some handy at your desk, so it can be applied immediately and used in between hand washings when needed.
5. Avoid others who are not feeling well or exhibit symptoms of illness - Wash your hands after spending time at or near the work space of someone who is sick, sneezing or coughing.
6. Eat well including light, healthy lunches -Make sure to include some lean protein, salad or fresh veggies, and fresh fruit for lasting energy with no afternoon slump. #onesimplechange
Read to rest: 10 best practices to staying healthy at work.
Your partner in health,
Cindy Cohen RN, BS BA
Certified Health Coach
Top 100 Health Promotion Professional Nominee
C2 Your Health LLC